All applicants to our English programs must document their proficiency in English.
Proficiency in English must be documented through one of the following:
1) TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language. Minimum total score 80. Minimum writing score: 17. In order for your test result to be included in your application, your official TOEFL score report must be sent directly from ETS to the admissions office at MF. MF's TOEFL code (DI code) is 7308
2) IELTS - International English Language Testing System (academic) test. Minimum overall band score: 6.0, minimum writing score 5.0. Documentation of this test type must be uploaded to the application web
3) PTE Academic. Pearson Test of English Academic. Minimum overall score: 51. Minimum writing score:51. Documentation of this test type must be uploaded to the application web
4) English from Norwegian upper secondary school with minimum grade 4
Are you exempt from submitting an English language test?
The following applicants are exempt from submitting an English language test.
- Applicants who have passed examination in English foundation course (140 hours/5 periods per week) with a minimum grade of 4 in Norwegian upper secondary school (or an equivalent grade from a Nordic upper secondary school) or passed "programfag" in English (140 hours) from Norwegian upper secondary school.
- Native speakers with completed upper secondary education from the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Malta, Singapore or Trinidad and Tobago.
- Applicants who have completed a minimum of one year's university studies in academic subjects with English as the language of instruction in the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia. Please note that branch campus and distance learning students are not exempt.
- Applicants who have completed a minimum of one year of master's degree studies with English as the language of instruction in one of the Nordic countries or the Netherlands, or completed a bachelor's degree with English as the language of instruction in one of the Nordic countries or the Netherlands.
- Applicants who have completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme with English at Higher Level (HL) with the minimum score of 4.
- Applicants who have completed both upper secondary school and a bachelor’s degree taught in English from Fiji, Mauritius, Samoa or South Africa.
- Applicants with completed upper secondary school from Hong Kong with an AS-level examination in Use of English with grades A-C or HKDSE English Language Subject Level grade 5.