- Emnekode: TEOL1610
- Studiepoeng: 10
- Språk: Engelsk
Introduction to Contemporary Mission Studies TEOL1610
This course will introduce the students to the major issues in the study of the church in mission in the contemporary world. It will provide an understanding of the religious, social, cultural, and contextual challenges facing the worldwide church, with a special emphasis on the situation in the global south.
- 8 timer
Skriftlig skoleeksamen Ordinær
- 8 timer
Skriftlig skoleeksamen Ny/utsatt
The requirements for receiving a final assessment are:
- Attend 60% of the lectures
- Submit and have approve at least 8 reading responses submitted in advance of the class session via Canvas
- Participate in the electronic evaluation of the course if such evaluation is stipulated in the relevant term.
When course requirements are not fulfilled, this will count as one examination attempt, unless the student withdraws before the set deadline (1 May/November).
Læringsutbytte etter fullført emne
The student has:
- good knowledge of the main issues in contemporary missiology (theological basis for mission; missional church; contextualization; the church's encounter with world religions; and social and political issues)
- knowledge of the worldwide church with an emphasis on the global south
- knowledge of mission in the Bible
- knowledge of the relationship between mission and globalization
The student can:
- discuss the concept of Christian mission
- evaluate different views and practices of mission
- relate open and critical to various expression of global Christianity
The final assessment for this course is based on one written school exam (4 hours). The course and final exam will be graded A-F.
Examination support material permitted on the written school exam: List F2. Link to overview over support material lists: https://www2.mf.no/dokumenter/studier/eksamen/hjelpemidler_eksamen.pdf