NB! Endringer i emnebeskrivelsene (inkludert litteraturlistene) og eksamensdatoene kan forekomme fram til semesterstart det aktuelle semestret. Ved få studenter kan det på noen emner forekomme endringer i undervisningstilbud og eksamensform.
TEOL1590: Practical Theology and Congregational life
|Emneansvarlig:||Marthe Bogen (Marthe.Bogen@mf.no)|
|Studieprogramtilhørighet:||Bachelorprogrammer - Bachelor i teologi|
Bachelorprogrammer - Bachelor i religion og samfunn
|Avdelingstilhørighet:||Avdeling for teologi og kirkelig utdanning|
|Tillatte hj.midler ved eksamen:||Liste F 2|
The course offers an introduction to worship and preaching as two of the most fundamental practices in congregational life. An historic outline forms the background for discussions on how worship leaders and preachers work to make the gospel heard and celebrated in their local context today. The students will do their own observation study to complement the lectures in liturgy and homiletics.
To complete the course, the student must:
- Take part in a minimum of 50% of the lectures.
- Write a short book report (500 - 700 words) in homiletics (see Course syllabus for specifics). The book report must include at least two correctly formulated references and a separate bibliography.
- Write a short essay on worship and preaching based on an observation study in a local congregation (1600 - 2000 words). The essay must include at least two correctly formulated references and a separate bibliography.
- Participate in the evaluation of the curriculum and/or of the learning environment, if such evaluation is stipulated in the relevant term.
When course requirements are not fulfilled, this will count as one examination attempt, unless you withdraw within the set deadline (1 May/ 1 November).
The final assessment for this course is based on one written exam (4 hours). The course and final exam will be graded A-F.
The students has:
- knowledge of the history and theology of worship and preaching
- knowledge of how local congregations form their worship services and sermons
The student can:
- read scholarly literature, and extract relevant points from an academic text in writing
- plan and complete an independent academic work based on an observation study
- Bailey, C. A. (2007). A guide to qualitative field research (2. utg., s. 1-13, 79-94). Thousand Oaks, Calif: Pine Forge Press. Bibliotek (Se Canvas)
- Driscoll, J. (2011). What happens at mass (Revised utg.). Leominster: Gracewing. Bibliotek
- Frans 1 pave, . (2013). Evangelii Gaudium. Rome: Vatican Press.. Hentet fra w2.vatican.va
- Saxegaard, F. (2017). Homiletics for beginners: A rough guide. Oslo: MF. (Se Canvas)
- Truscott, J. (2011). Worship: A practical guide. Singapore: Genesis. Bibliotek
- Vigen, A. M. & Scharen, C. (Red.) (2011). Ethnography as Christian theology and ethics (s. 28-46). London: Continuum. Bibliotek