ATTR Summer School
Authoritative Texts: Media and Materiality.
Time and place: June 12, 2017 - June 16, 2017, Norwegian School of Theology, Oslo
Research seminars and lectures by
- Prof. John D. Peters, Yale University: “Authoritative Texts, Paper Machines, and Media Theory"
- Prof. Liv Ingeborg Lied, Norwegian School of Theology:"Authoritative Texts: Media and Materiality "
- Prof. Kristin B. Aavitsland, Norwegian School of Theology: “The Authority of the Word in Ecclesiastical Space: Script, Image, Liturgy”
- Prof. Olav Torvund, Dep. Of Private Law, Law, University of Oslo: “Media and Law”
- Prof. Ellen Krefting, Dep. of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, Humanities, University of Oslo: “Practicing Enlightenment. The Role of Periodicals in Eighteenth Century Denmark-Norway”
- Presentation by Stakeholder: Jana Weidemann, Kulturdepartementet
- Academic skills: Postdoc.Fellow Mona Abdel-Fadil, Department of Media and Communication, Humanities, University of Oslo: “The Online Academic Persona”
- Interdisciplinary Insights: Prof. Hugo Lundhaug, Theology, University of Oslo, “Travelling Concepts: Challenges of Interdiscplinarity”
For more details, see Program.
The workload of the seminar is stipulated to 5 ECTS credits.
We expect all participants to attend the whole week and every part of the program, June 12-16, 2017.
We also expect the participants to prepare a paper and responses, and to read the required reading before the seminar.
Please make sure that you can prioritise preparation and participation before you register.