It is mandatory for all new international students to attend the international students welcome day on Friday 7th of August.
Semester start and Buddy Week begin on the following Monday, 10th of August. It is mandatory for all new international students to attend.
1st September: Last day to pay the semester fee and register for courses.
Being a new international student can feel a little overwhelming. Do not worry, Norway has a wonderful system in place to help and make the transition to your new student environment easier. It’s called Buddy Week! Buddy week is designed by your fellow students to give you a great start at MF. You will automatically be assigned a buddy group at the beginning of the semester, during orientation. The Buddy group system helps new students establish a social and academic network as soon as they arrive.
In a buddy group you will get:
- The possibility to join a social network and make friends from your first day at MF.
- The possibility to take part in several enjoyable events such as concerts and theatre shows with your buddy group.
- A tour of the MF campus
The buddy group
Each buddy group is made up of two-three buddies and 10- 20 new Norwegian/International students. As a member of a buddy group you will meet other students from your study program or related academic field, who are also new at MF. The buddies have already studied at MF for some time and know what it is like to be a student. They are familiar with the joys and sorrows of student life and are there to answer any questions you might have about student life at MF and in Norway.
Any questions? Please send us an e-mail to the international student assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students at MF must register for courses and examinations and pay the semester fee every semester.
- Autumn semester: September 1st
- Spring semester: February 1st
Read more about registrations every semester
All students (except Erasmus, Nordplus/Nordlys and Bilateral students) must pay the semester fee. You will receive a giro in your welcome package.
Student card or access card
Student cards are issued to students who are staying for at least one semester and who have completed the semester registration.
To get Student ID – have a picture taken in the library (near printer room). Opening hours: Monday-Friday 10:00-12:00, (Aug 12-16 & Aug 19-23). Saturday, Aug 17th 11:00-13:00
You need your student ID to take exams and get discounts.
All new students must complete the following tasks during the first week at MF:
- Pay the semester fee before September 1st.
- The semester can be paid by online bank transfer, with cash at post office, or directly from your deposited money (from the student reception).
- You cannot access StudentWeb or Canvas before your payment is registered. Remember to activate your MF-account.
- Once your payment is registered (two-three days after you made the payment), you can get your username and password at the student reception and get your Student ID. Remember to bring ID.
- Register for courses in StudentWeb before September 1st.
- See the program structure to find your courses.
- Check your time schedule.
- Check your examination dates.
Send an email to email@example.com or come by the student reception. The International Office on the 3rd floor is open from 10:00-14:00.