Access to new and deferred exams
- If you have a valid reason for absence during an ordinary exam, you are entitled to a postponed exam. See Illness and absence.
- If you fail a regular exam, or withdraw during a written exam or a home exam, you are normally entitled to another attempt, unless if you have used all exam attempts. Note that it is not possible to withdraw during an examination if the exam form is submission of an essay or a portfolio exam.
- If due to studies abroad, or deferred internship, you have not been able to attend the regular exam, you will be given access to the deferred exam by applying to email@example.com.
- If you do not show up for the exam, you will not be entitled to a new examination.
- If you do not complete, or pass, the new or deferred exam, you are not entitled to take the course again until the next ordinary exam. This also applies to students that have a valid reason for absence for new or deferred exams.
- In order to improve grades on a course in which you already have passed, you have to subscribe for the next ordinary exam. Note that this will cost additional NOK 1500,- in addition to the regular semester fee.
PS: At new/deferred written exams or home exams candidates will be given a new exam question to answer. If you have failed an exam with essay or portfolio submission at the ordinary exam you can submit a revised version for the new exam. In these cases you do not have to write an entirely new essay or portfolio.
How to register for new/deferred exams
You must sign up for new/deferred exams on StudentWeb. You cannot register before the exam result is announced in StudentWeb. This is also the case if you have a valid reason of absence from the exam.
- Log on to Studentweb and choose the tab «Results».
- Click the button «Resit course» to the right of the relevant course. A new window opens.
- Step 1 Classes, click the button «Do not wish to sign up for class» (seeing as you are only taking the exam).
- Step 2 Exam, Choose the exam in question from the list (06/12 nyuts).
- Click the button «Finalize».
In some cases you must register throug the tab «My active courses» instead. Choose the course in question from the list and click "register for exams", or look it up in the search field and click "add course". Finish by completing the registration in the pop-up window.
If you have problems registering, you must contact the exam office (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the registration deadline.
New/deferred exams autumn semester 2020 (January 2021)
The deadline for signing up for new and deferred exams is Sunday, January 10th.
- Written exams are arranged between January 18th and January 25th.
- Home exams are arranged between January 18th and February 2nd.
- The submission deadline of individual written assignments will be January 25th before 12.00 pm (noon).
- Dates for oral exams will be announced consecutively after the ordinary exam.
Exact exam dates will be made available in the course catalogue later this semester (approx. October).