Zoom is a program for video conferencing that MF and many other universitys use for lectures and meetings online.
- If you are only using Zoom to join a lecture, you don't have to log in to Zoom. Just clicking on the link for the Zoom meeting should be enough to join.
- We still recommend you to install Zoom on your PC or Mac.
- You can also install Zoom on mobile devices: Android version, iOS version
- All students and employees at MF can use the Pro version of Zoom by logging in with their MF account / Feide. You can look at the instructions below for how to log in.
- With a Pro account you can host your own video meetings longer than 40 minutes.
- Feel free to use Zoom for private video meetings even if it is not related to your studies.
- Do note that when you are finished with your studies at MF, you will no longer have access to this Zoom Pro account.
- Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/support/download
- Install Zoom
- Start Zoom and click on the button "Sign In with SSO"
- Under "Company Domain", write: mf-no
- Click "Continue"
- You will be forwarded to a Feide login in your browser, log in there like usual.
- Zoom should now be logged in with your MF account, and you should be able to use Pro functionality.
Inviting to a Zoom meeting
- In the Zoom program, click on "Schedule"
- Make a sensible name so that the participants will know that they are in the correct room when they join.
- Set the date and time for the meeting. Note that even though you have to set a date and time, you can still use the room both:
- before the chosen date and time
- up to 30 days after the chosen day and time
- Under Calendar, choose "Other Calendars"
- Other than that, the default settings should be OK:
- Click on "Schedule"
- You will get a window with the meeting details. Copy the meeting link, Meeting ID and Passcode, that should usually be enough:
- Paste the text you copied in an email or send it to the participants via other messaging services.