Matthew Phillip Monger
I am a PhD student and research fellow doing research on the Dead Sea Scrolls manuscripts of the Book of Jubilees. My main interest in the transmission and reception of Jewish and Christian texts, and the methods and theories that guide scholars in their research on these texts. I place my research within the paradigm of Material (or New) Philology.
I am also Programe director for the Ministry, Mission and Media (MMM) program. MMM is designed to give a basic but complete, theological education education in english, with a focus on ministry in the church, society and mission.
Newest scientific publications
- Monger, M. P. (2018). 4Q216 - A New Material Analysis. Semitica, (60), s. 308 - 333. ISSN: 0373-630X
- Lied, L. I. & Monger, M. P. (2018). Look to the East : New and Forgotten Sources of 4 Ezra. The Embroidered Bible: Studies in Biblical Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha in Honour of Michael E. Stone, s. 639 - 652. ISBN: 978-90-04-35588-0
- Monger, M. P. (2017). The Development of Jubilees 1 in the Late Second Temple Period. Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha, 27(2), s. 83 - 112. ISSN: 0951-8207
- Monger, M. P. (2016). The Transmission of Jubilees: Reevaluating the Textual Basis. New Vistas on Early Judaism and Christianity : From Enoch to Montreal and Back, s. 153 - 171. T&T Clark. ISBN: 9780567666178
- Monger, M. P. (2014). 4Q216 and the State of Jubilees at Qumran. Revue de Qumran, 26(4), s. 595 - 612. ISSN: 0035-1725
Education and professional practice
|2006||MF - Norwegian School of Theology: Bacheor of Theology|
|2008||MF - Norwegian School of Theology: Master of Theology|
|2009||University of Oslo: Bachelor of Arts in Languistics|
|2012||University of Oslo: Master of Philosophy in Languages: Semitic Linguistics with Hebrew|