Strategic partnership for representatives of religious communities - STRAPAC
STRAPAC is a strategic cooperation between Center for dialogue between sciences and theology-University of Craiova, Fondatsiya za regionalno razvitie (FRR), The Aristotle University of Thessaloníki, MF Norwegian School of Theology and Gal del Ducato.
About the project
STRAPAC offers blended mobilities and innovative training tools tailored to service staff/religious professionals from poor regions/rural areas, and members of the partners' organizations. The propose actions offers entrepreneurship and leadership education, but also peer learning from each other experiences through showing and exchanging of good practices for development of local communities and fighting social inclusion. It aims to help them to develop transversal and entrepreneurship skills to fight social exclusion and to work effectively with diversified and vulnerable groups at local level by suggesting innovative training tools and methods for enhancing competences.
STRAPAC target groups involves people with different religious traditions, belonging to the Orthodox Church, or Roman Catholic Church, Lutheran or the Pentecostal churches, Muslim congregations and any other congregations who might be willing to participate. This is how the project helps achievement of multicultural skills and competences to hold effective multicultural and inter-religious dialogue and to work more efficiently with diversified groups of people.
1 To help service staff/religious professionals belonging to religious communities located in poor regions and rural areas to develop basic competences and transversal skills, such as entrepreneurship, communication, and leadership skills, which will help them to tackle social exclusion more effectively and to improve their work with vulnerable groups of people such as disabled people, refugees, migrants, Roma people and other marginalized communities;
2 To help representatives of religious communities from regions at grass root level and rural areas to enhance their multicultural skills to better cope with people with different cultural, ethnic or religious background and to increase their ability to hold inter-religious dialogue;
3 To enhance the digital integration of learning through development of innovative on-line training tools to support reducing disparities in learning outcomes affecting learners from disadvantaged backgrounds.
4 To create a strategic partnership network of representatives of communities with different religious and confessional background and to strengthen the cooperation between the participating organizations through exchanging of experience and good practices, which will help them to increase their capacity to develop new approaches for skill development.
The expected intangible results during and after the project completion are:
1) Increased entrepreneurship, project management and communication skills to at least 70 direct project beneficiaries from poor regions/rural areas (such as entrepreneurship, communication, and leadership skills) to help them to fight social exclusion more effectively and to at least 10 representatives of the partners organizations to work more efficiently with vulnerable groups of people at local level through organization of blended mobilities and multiplier event and by applying new training methods, elaborated as a result of the project
2) Increased access to education and training to at least 1000 indirect target groups representatives by providing open access to the created innovative learning tools - film with training purposes, on-line learning platform, consisting of text and video materials also translated in sign language, and training guideline for representatives of religious communities
3) Increased multicultural skills to better conduct inter-religious dialogue of at least 10 representatives of the partners organizations and to at least 70 representatives of religious communities, directly involved in the project, to cope better with people with different cultural, ethnic or religious background
4) Provided open access to innovative training tools, which will assist for the reduction of disparities in learning outcomes affecting learners from disadvantaged backgrounds
5) Created strategic partnership network of representatives of communities with different religious and confessional background and strengthened cooperation between the participating organizations through exchanging of experience and good practices
6) Increased capacity of the partners to develop new approaches for skill development.
7) Promoted social entrepreneurship through extensive media campaign
Intermediate Transnational Meetings will take place between:
27-28 August 2018 – it will be organized by the Greek partner in Thessaloniki
10-13 March 2019 – organized by the Italian partner in Parma.
International Training courses will take place as it follows:
10-16 June 2018 - organized by the Italian partner in Parma
2-8 June 2019 - organized by the Greek partner in Thessaloniki
6-12 November 2019 - organized by the Romanian partner in Craiova
4-10 November 2018 - organized by the Bulgarian partner in Sofia
Autumn 2019, organized by the Norwegian partner in Oslo.
Main project group, Romania:
Project leader, Prof Calina Gelu
Project group in Norway:
Project leader/coordinator: Karoline Oftedal
Academic responsible: Prof Gunnar Heiene og Mr Inge Westly
The Center for dialogue between sciences and theology-University of Craiova
Fondatsiya za regionalno razvitie (FRR)
The Aristotle University of Thessaloníki
MF Norwegian School of Theology
Gal del Ducato
Project webpage: https://strapac.eu/